Come and work with us the “TT Way” which means we do the right thing, bring out the best in each other, achieve more together, champion expertise and get the job done…well! With approximately 4100 colleagues we operate from 21 locations around the world. Building the expertise of our people is critical to the future success of our organisation.
TT Electronics is a global provider of engineered electronics. We collaborate with customers in the transportation, industrial, medical, and aerospace and defence markets, providing them with engineering expertise and support through a global network of specialists and world class facilities. As a responsible employer we encourage all our people to “give something back” by supporting the local communities in which we operate.
In Rogerstone, Newport, South Wales we specialise in low volume, high mix electronics. Our team of 230 employees is part of the Global Manufacturing Solutions division and delivers end to end through life tailored business solutions to world leading manufacturing partners. Rumour has it that we have a good reputation with visiting colleagues from other TT locations, and that our excellent staff canteen facilities are partly due to that.
Reporting to the Finance Director.
The main purpose of the role is to contribute to the attainment of the company's business objectives by:
(a) Providing strategic and financial guidance to ensure that the company's financial commitments are met; and
(b) Ensure the site operates to all necessary policies and procedures to ensure the sound financial management and control of the Company’s business.
(c) The role will be based in Rogerstone but will be a key Finance role within the European GMS Division and may involve travel to other divisions
1. Direct and control finance staff to ensure that they are appropriately motivated and developed and so that they carry out their responsibilities to the required standard.
2. Prepare and present to the FD, local Directors and Divisional Directors the Monthly Management Report, highlighting key financial issues.
3. Provide financial advice and guidance to the company's managers and staff to enable them to achieve their objectives and ensure they work within the company budget and forecast.
4. Preparation of the company's financial accounts to ensure that these are presented accurately and on time.
5. Ensure that the company complies with financial procedures, regulations and control frameworks working closely with Group to ensure Company policies are maintained.
6. Carry out all necessary actions to ensure that the company meets its financial and legal obligations working closely with legal authorities and our external audit team where appropriate,
7. Prepare and submit the quarterly VAT return.
The job requires:
Desirable requirements are: