Come and work with us the “TT Way” which means we do the right thing, bring out the best in each other, achieve more together, champion expertise and get the job done…well! With approximately 4100 colleagues we operate from 21 locations around the world. Building the expertise of our people is critical to the future success of our organisation.
TT Electronics is a global provider of engineered electronics. We collaborate with customers in the transportation, industrial, medical, and aerospace and defence markets, providing them with engineering expertise and support through a global network of specialists and world class facilities. As a responsible employer we encourage all our people to “give something back” by supporting the local communities in which we operate.
TT Electronics' plant in Kuantan, Malaysia, hosts the BI Technology business. We manufacture Magnetics components and supply for automotive, medical devices, industrial and defense components applications. We are seeking qualified and energetic candidates to join our team in Kuantan, Pahang as part of our growth plan.
Reporting to the NPI Engineering Manager, the position will be responsible for sustaining and improvement activities of magnetic products that could vary from single model to a series of part numbers on project basis. He/she is required to handle and maintain all released products throughout the product life cycle.
Task required under Quality Management System (QMS)
Education / Experience:
· Degree in Engineering (majoring in electronics/electrical) or 2 years’ experience in product sustaining activities
· Proficient in English language both written and spoken
· Experience of working in a global multinational company
· Proficient in MS Office applications and presentation skills
· Knowledge in magnetic components and applications
· Knowledge in magnetic design will have added advantage
· Knowledge in CAD software
· Technical challenges in product and technology development & improvement
· Functions within a complex group including management, production, customer and others
· Work is not routine; need to switch between many different projects and multi-tasking
· The work requires accuracy and concentration
Internal: Regular contact will be maintained with all level of management staffs, work force, Engineers, Sales, Field Application Engineers and Production
Key competencies / personality attributes:
· Customer focused, ability to sustain while maintaining the customer’s product requirements
· Strong problem-solving, decision making skills
· Effective negotiations skills
· Strong team Focus
· Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
· Precise and have attention to detail, meeting commitments and delivering continual improvement within communicated and well managed budgetary restrictions
Maintaining product specification meant for internal and also external needs. Manage cost sheet for product quotation on released product. Visit samples build line and production area. Resolve any design issues upon release to production. May require travelling.