Come and work with us the “TT Way” which means we do the right thing, bring out the best in each other, achieve more together, champion expertise and get the job done…well! With approximately 4100 colleagues we operate from 21 locations around the world. Building the expertise of our people is critical to the future success of our organisation.
TT Electronics is a global provider of engineered electronics. We collaborate with customers in the transportation, industrial, medical, and aerospace and defence markets, providing them with engineering expertise and support through a global network of specialists and world class facilities. As a responsible employer we encourage all our people to “give something back” by supporting the local communities in which we operate.
TT Electronics' plant in Kuantan, Malaysia, hosts the BI Technology business. We manufacture Magnetics components and supply for automotive, medical devices, industrial and defense components applications. We are seeking qualified and energetic candidates to join our team in Kuantan, Pahang as part of our growth plan.
Reporting to the Senior Product Design Engineer, the position will be responsible for design and development activities of magnetic products that could vary from single model to a series of part numbers on project basis. He/she is required to perform new product design and development activities.
1. Perform new product design, development and costing analysis to meet customer design input requirements
2. Coordinate and supervise prototype build activities for design verification, analysis and approval submissions to customer
3. Conduct design verification to ensure design outputs meet design input requirements
4. Interface with Field Application Engineer (FAE), Sales & Customer for design clarifications & improvements
5. Lead and participate in product design and technical reviews for new product releases (DFMEA, PFMEA, DFM & Etc)
6. Prepare and maintain engineering documents for product releases (Product Datasheet, BOM & Etc)
7. Support cost reduction exercise through design improvement activities
8. To provide product technical knowledge to manufacturing in optimizing production yield, productivity and quality improvements
9. To interface with supplier for overall improvements in technical requirements of the selected material
10. Knowledge in TS16949 automotive requirements such as SPC, APQP and PPAP
11. Knowledge in ISO13485 medical requirements
12. Knowledge in AS9100 Aerospace and Defense requirements.
13. Adhere and support company’s safety and health policies.
14. Participate in plant wide activities (such as Internal quality audit, Safety Programs, Health Programs,5s etc.) with NPI Engineering Manager approval.
Task required under Quality Management System (QMS)
1. To be aware and support the Company’s Quality Policy
2. To be aware and support the related and relevant Quality Objectives.
3. To continually seek performance improvement in support of overall QMS effectiveness
4. To be aware on implication of not conforming with QMS requirements
5. To be aware of QMS documented information and its changes
6. To understand own role to product and service conformity
7. To contribute to the success of TT Electronics by conducting self in a professional manner consistent with the Company's business philosophy, as set out in the TT Way, and standards of business conduct.
8. To work safely and support others to work safely to achieve Zero Harm in operations and services.
Education / Experience:
· Degree in Engineering (majoring in electronics/electrical) or 2 years’ experience in design & development activities
· Fresh graduate with industrial training experience in design & development.
· Proficient in English language both written and spoken
· Experience of working in a global multinational company
· Proficient in MS Office applications and presentation skills
· Knowledge in electronic components business and applications
· Knowledge in magnetic design will have added advantage
· Knowledge in CAD software
· Technical challenges in new product and technology development
· Functions within a complex group including management, sales, production, customer and others
· Work is not routine; need to switch between many different projects and multi-tasking
· The work requires accuracy and concentration
Internal: Regular contact will be maintained with all level of management staffs, work force, Sales, Field Application Engineers and Production
External: Regular communications with customers, other Global Engineering Divisions and suppliers
Key competencies / personality attributes:
· Customer focused, ability to internalize and advocate the customer’s requirements
· Project Management Skills
· Strong problem-solving, decision making skills
· Effective negotiations skills
· Strong team Focus
· Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
· Precise and have attention to detail, meeting commitments and delivering continual improvement within communicated and well managed budgetary restrictions
Generating product specification meant for internal and also external needs. Generate cost sheet for product quotation. Visit samples build line and production area. Resolve any design issues prior to release to production. May require travelling.