Come and work with us the “TT Way” which means we do the right thing, bring out the best in each other, achieve more together, champion expertise and get the job done…well! With approximately 4800 colleagues we operate from 27 locations around the world. Building the expertise of our people is critical to the future success of our organisation.
TT Electronics is a global provider of engineered electronics. We collaborate with customers in the transportation, industrial, medical, and aerospace and defence markets, providing them with engineering expertise and support through a global network of specialists and world class facilities. As a responsible employer we encourage all our people to “give something back” by supporting the local communities in which we operate.
In Rogerstone, Newport, South Wales we specialise in low volume, high mix electronics. Our team of 230 employees is part of the Global Manufacturing Solutions division and delivers end to end through life tailored business solutions to world leading manufacturing partners. Rumour has it that we have a good reputation with visiting colleagues from other TT locations, and that our excellent staff canteen facilities are partly due to that.
The purpose of the role is to support the business in overseeing and leading all activities associated with the design, planning, construction and maintenance of equipment, machinery, buildings and other facilities, as well as responsibility for all HSE activities onsite.
· Planning, budgeting, and scheduling facility installations and modifications, including estimates on equipment, labour, materials and other related costs.
· Overseeing the coordination of building space allocation and layout, communication services and facilities expansion.
· Full responsibility for overseeing health, safety, and environmental policies, processes and standards, as well as reporting performance both internally and to group on a regular basis.
· Selecting, developing, and evaluating personnel within the team to ensure the efficient operation of the function and utilising performance management and appraisal tools.
· Designing and developing organisational policies relevant to the facilities department.
· Coordination of the work activities of facilities and support personnel as well as performing facilities related duties as required.
· Project management of internal transformation projects.
· Accountable for delivery of site HS roadmaps.
· Project management, supervising and coordinating the work of contractors and calculating and comparing costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money.
· Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and dealing with the consequences.
· Managing the onsite catering and cleaning contractors.
· Relevant experience of facilities management and delivery.
· Knowledge of advanced HSE principles, concepts, practices and all areas of the business life cycle in order to develop and execute responsibilities.
· Proven track record in achieving objectives in a busy and varied industry environment.
· Must meet the eligibility requirements for access to confidential information and to work on a secure site..
· Must have an understanding of the concept of emotional intelligence and creates a supportive and tolerant work environment.
· Proven leadership, delivering excellence in facilities management.
· Depth of experience in driving customer centric improvement.
· A natural communicator and influencer.
· Initiative & drive.
· Problem solving & creativity.
· Customer orientation.
· Trust & ethics.
· Procurement and negotiation skills.
· Research skills and the ability to draw information from various sources, including people.
· A practical, flexible and innovative approach to work.