At TT Electronics, you will meet dedicated people who believe that advanced electronics is the key to a brighter, smarter future. Whether it’s advanced flight controls, smart surgical tools, intelligent vehicle charging or seamless automation everywhere, advancements like this come from the minds of passionate, creative people – working to a common goal, watching out for each other, and caring about making a difference in the lives of people all over the world.
Our passion? Simplifying the development of complex electronics… it’s the reason we exist as an organisation. Our way of life? Fostering a culture that values individuals as well as community and teamwork.
Join us – and work with a team that believes success is measured by more than the bottom line, where you’ll find opportunities to achieve your goals, contribute to the lives of others, and build a brighter, smarter future, together.
Our Eastleigh facility is an established market leader committed to the development of intelligent interface solutions. Our speciality at this location is Human Machine Interface, (HMI), and the latest technologies in capacitive touch screens, capacitive switch control panels, patented thin film backlighting using LED illumination, as well as traditional membrane keypads and displays for control panel assemblies. At this site we have a dedicated design centre for R&D in the HMI space.
Support the design and development of specialist Human Machine Interface (HMI) products that improve user experience, enhance communications and boost productivity. Collaborating effectively with customers, suppliers, and internal stakeholders to bring the product vision to life.
• Working alongside Mechanical Design Engineers to design and develop the electronics assemblies for specialist HMI products from inception through manufacture and final test.
• Application support and design modification of existing products as required. This will require an understanding of the product application(s) and environment.
• Design/creation of related test software for these assemblies and similar tasks.
• Designing multi-layered PCBs using PCB CAD software. This should include schematic capture and layout.
• Design of analogue and digital test assemblies including microprocessor programming and support.
• Evaluation of new components.
• Writing and maintenance of associated design and test documentation. Managing the transition to production including training of technicians and problem solving as required.
• Support the Design team to internally develop more electronics related proficiency.
• Undertake other reasonable duties as may be requested to meet the needs of the business.
• Full knowledge and understanding of the design and manufacture of HMI products or similar.
• Ability to collaborate effectively with customers, suppliers, and internal stakeholders.
• Using an up-to-date knowledge of new technologies and materials to create innovative electronics designs that provide a solution to customer problems.
• Computer design skills and proficiency using circuit design programs.
• Ability to communicate technical data and complex electrical designs in an easy-to-understand format.
• Theoretical and technical knowledge of electronics and electrical interfaces.
• Ability to create accurate and complex circuit board plans.
• Qualified or experienced in Electronics Engineering or similar discipline.
• Experience within the HMI (Human Machine Interface) industry or similar preferable.
• Qualified or experienced in CAD (Computer Aided Design).
• Experienced in board level mixed signal design.
• Experience of electronics fault-finding (to component level).
• Electronic prototype test experience.
• Good communication skills both written and verbal.
• Self-motivated and able to prioritise multiple projects with minimal supervision.
• Strong interpersonal skills and a flexible approach suitable for working in a small team.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Accurate with an attention to detail.
Desireable Skills and Experience
• Experience in the aviation and/or military sector would be advantageous.
• Software development experience is desirable.
• Customer facing experience is also advantageous.
Solving Technology Challenges for a Sustainable World
We want the very best people in our TT family across the globe – so we welcome applications from everyone, to celebrate a diverse mix of experiences, backgrounds and identities. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all and you can rest assured that TT Electronics takes positive steps to ensure we are an inclusive business, that will welcome and support you, from your initial application to wherever your career takes you! Please get in touch if you’d like to discuss any reasonable adjustments to your application, in order that we can accommodate and support you in the process. If you want to work for a company where who you are is valued and respected, we’d love to hear from you.