Come and work with us the “TT Way” which means we do the right thing, bring out the best in each other, achieve more together, champion expertise and get the job done…well! With approximately 5000 colleagues we operate from 28 locations around the world. Building the expertise of our people is critical to the future success of our organization.
TT Electronics is a global provider of engineered electronics. We collaborate with customers in the transportation, industrial, medical, and aerospace and defense markets, providing them with engineering expertise and support through a global network of specialists and world class facilities. As a responsible employer we encourage all our people to “give something back” by supporting the local communities in which we operate.
TT Electronics’ Olathe, Kansas facility, is an industry-leading designer and manufacturer of custom magnetic products and assemblies. The Olathe-based site has 65 years’ experience in the design and development of unique harsh-environment solutions for mission-critical applications.
Our dedicated teams are driven by collaboration and innovation to deliver engineering-led products supporting key applications including power conversion, actuation and control systems where our solutions support a broad range of globally recognized major aerospace and defense platforms across air, land and sea.
We are currently seeking engineering interns to join our Kansas City - Power Solutions North America team for Summer 2023! Our internship program takes place over an 8 to 10-week period, providing students the opportunity to develop business knowledge related to their career interests, learn directly from industry professionals, and work with the TT team to complete several projects. Interns will learn about all aspects of our business, gain project management experience, and perform and/or participate in additional activities/events which will help them build a strong network within the TT Electronics community. At the end of the summer, interns will present their individual projects to the senior leadership team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• The Engineering Interns will work closely with Engineering, Leadership, and Production team members to assist with design, production, research, process flows, process improvements, and documentation.
• Interns will assist in developing visual manufacturing work instructions using various software applications.
• Interns will also have the opportunity to learn about LEAN Manufacturing, Training Within Industry (TWI), and the AS9100 quality management system.
• Projects and additional duties will be assigned throughout the assignment based on current business and manufacturing needs.
• Interns will be expected to work a full-time schedule of 40 hours/week and will be compensated on an hourly basis.
Education and Experience:
• Completion of sophomore year in an accredited college with a major in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or an equivalent Engineering discipline.
• Strong organizational skills and detail orientation are required.
• Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and Access.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
• A creative approach to problem solving is required.
• Enjoys working and collaborating in a team environment.
• Basic understanding of the principles of LEAN Manufacturing is required.
• This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Solving Technology Challenges for a Sustainable World
We want the very best people in our TT family across the globe – so we welcome applications from everyone, to celebrate a diverse mix of experiences, backgrounds and identities. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all and you can rest assured that TT Electronics takes positive steps to ensure we are an inclusive business, that will welcome and support you, from your initial application to wherever your career takes you! Please get in touch if you’d like to discuss any reasonable adjustments to your application, in order that we can accommodate and support you in the process. If you want to work for a company where who you are is valued and respected, we’d love to hear from you. #WeAreTT #BeMeAtTT