At TT Electronics, you will meet dedicated people who believe that advanced electronics is the key to a brighter, smarter future. Whether it’s advanced flight controls, smart surgical tools, intelligent vehicle charging or seamless automation everywhere, advancements like this come from the minds of passionate, creative people – working to a common goal, watching out for each other, and caring about making a difference in the lives of people all over the world.
Our passion? Simplifying the development of complex electronics… it’s the reason we exist as an organisation. Our way of life? Fostering a culture that values individuals as well as community and teamwork.
Join us – and work with a team that believes success is measured by more than the bottom line, where you’ll find opportunities to achieve your goals, contribute to the lives of others, and build a brighter, smarter future, together.
We are currently seeking engineering interns to join our Kansas City - Power Solutions North America team for Summer 2023! Our internship program takes place over an 8 to 10-week period, providing students the opportunity to develop business knowledge related to their career interests, learn directly from industry professionals, and work with the TT team to complete several projects. Interns will learn about all aspects of our business, gain project management experience, and perform and/or participate in additional activities/events which will help them build a strong network within the TT Electronics community. At the end of the summer, interns will present their individual projects to the senior leadership team.
Role Overview and Responsibilities
• The Engineering Interns will work closely with Engineering, Leadership, and Production team members to assist with product design, production, research, process flows, process improvements, and documentation.
• Interns will assist in developing visual manufacturing work instructions using various software applications.
• Interns will also have the opportunity to learn about LEAN Manufacturing, Training Within Industry (TWI), and the AS9100 quality management system.
• In addition to gaining experience in the areas above, the individual will work on projects that span the full internship. These projects will require interactions with various team members throughout the company to fully understand details associated with the project and collect the data needed to present outcomes and recommendations at the end of the internship.
• Additional duties will be assigned throughout the assignment based on current business and manufacturing needs.
• Interns will be expected to work a full-time schedule of 40 hours/week and will be compensated on an hourly basis.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes
• Completion of sophomore year in an accredited university or college with a major in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or an equivalent Engineering discipline.
• Strong organizational skills and detail orientation are required.
• Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and Access are preferred.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
• A creative approach to problem solving is required.
• Enjoys working and collaborating in a team environment.
• Basic understanding of the principles of LEAN Manufacturing is required.
• This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.